Join us on Sunday, October 16 at 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. PDT for a one hour information session with Prince's Trust Canada and BCIT.
Through BCIT's new Associate Certification in Construction of Mass Timber Structures program launching in January 2023, experienced carpenters and ironworkers will have the opportunity to upskill in a six-month hybrid program contributing to a more sustainable future.
In partnership with BCIT, Prince's Trust Canada offers a cohort of 4-8 interested learners from equity deserving groups, supported by thorough value-added programming and financial support. We are especially interested in recruiting women, female-identifying folx and people of colour.
With the hybrid online learning model and the in-person building practicum, Prince's Trust Canada's cohort will provide students with additional technical knowledge in mass timber construction and construction management projects. The focus will be on problem-solving, creativity, teamwork, project management and one-on-one networking sessions with industry experts.
Program Entry Requirements (as directed from BCIT):
- English Studies 12, or equivalent
- Math 11, or equivalent
- Completion of, at minimum, one of a Carpentry Foundation Program of an Ironworker Foundation Program
- Current (within three years) Fall Protection Training Certification
- Work experience in the Carpentry or Ironworker trade would be an asset
- Basic computer proficiency is highly recommended
If you have any additional questions or comments, don't hesitate to get in touch with Brianna Savage at email@example.com