Because learning best practices is only the start, boot camp focuses on equipping participants with tools to confidently manage the personal challenges that will inevitably arise as they become entrepreneurs. They participate in mentoring forums with entrepreneurs, receive one-on-one coaching and build a community of support that lasts long after the program is over.
Boot camp is designed exclusively for transitioning Canadian Armed Forces members, Reservists and Veterans of any age.
If you’ve already done your research, seriously considered the benefits and challenges of working for yourself and have moved beyond the “idea” stage of your own business, boot camp is right for you.
- You’re committed to making entrepreneurship and/or self-employment your second career.
- You’re past the idea stage of business development and have a good idea of what your product or service is and who your customer is.
- You’re currently dedicating significant amounts of time and energy to moving the business forward.
Ready to take the next step?
If you’re still in the idea stage and want to find out more about what it takes to launch and run your own business, consider our free entrepreneur workshop or one-hour Ask Us Anything sessions.
Format for 2020-2021
In 2021, boot camps will be delivered online in a facilitated, face-to-face (video on) format.
Boot camps are spread over 15 days with the “in-class” learning occurring each weekday morning in manageable two to three-hour segments.
The weekday afternoons are left open for extra help sessions, informal conversations and opportunities to meet other entrepreneurs and business leaders. The afternoons will help create a support network that lasts beyond boot camp so that you have the skills and support to confidently manage the personal and business challenges that inevitably arise for all entrepreneurs.
The weekends provide you with the opportunity to step away from the screen and process the weeks’ learnings.
What you need to participate:
- Access to a computer, laptop, tablet or device that supports audio and video calling
- Access to the internet
After boot camp:
- Join the active Operation Entrepreneur alumni network
- Take advantage of the opportunity to be paired with a mentor as part of the Mentoring program
- Get access to a national network of 15 regional small business centres, industry experts and Veteran entrepreneurs
- List your business in the Canadian Veteran Business Directory buyveteran.ca
- Participate in networking opportunities
2021 BOOT CAMPS
Boot camps run from May - August each year. You can apply to boot camp at any time; however, we encourage you to apply closer to boot camp to ensure your information is up to date.