Many Canadians are unaware of the businesses located across the country and in their own communities that are owned and operated by members of the military community. We think that should change. During our annual Buy Veteran campaign we highlighted the entrepreneurs behind several veteran-owned businesses to help Canadians put a face to some of the businesses listed on The Canadian Veteran Business Directory. Now we want to feature these entrepreneurs throughout 2020 and beyond!
Help us raise awareness and encourage Canadians to buy from veteran-owned businesses.
Request a feature:
- Ensure that your business is listed on BuyVeteran.ca.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your name (co-owners and partners can be included)
- Your years of service (or your spouse's or co-owners')
- Your business' name and social media handles (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram as applicable)
- A clear, high quality photo of you with your business or product
- A completed and signed copy of our photo release form granting us permission to share your photo (download here)
Your email will be reviewed and responded to within 48 hours. A member of our team will let you know if we need any additional information and when you can expect the post to go live.
What can I expect to be shared?
Our goal is to share businesses while respecting the privacy of their owners. See the example below for the type of post you can expect.
Another way to help
You can also help to raise awareness by using the hashtag #BuyVeteranCA in your business' posts and by liking and sharing other posts featuring veteran-owned businesses.