360 - Canada's Youth Employment Program
We are solving Canada’s quiet crisis: youth underemployment.
- 860,000 youth at risk not in education, employment, or training
- Set to cost Canada 21.1B in lost wages by 2031
- Nearly 40% of young people in Canada feel the education system is doing a poor job at helping them build the skills they need for employment.
- Today’s labour market highlights the fact that 61% of employers require 3 years of experience for entry-level jobs.
- Employers say they can’t find employees with the right skills
We are proud to introduce 360, an innovative, built for purpose program designed to help youth aged 18-25 by providing them with the skills, experience, and professional networks they need to jumpstart their careers in ways that otherwise wouldn’t be possible.
- 2 Year Program: Year one includes a comprehensive onboarding process, a hands-on work placement, skills development sessions, coaching and offboarding support. In year two, through a formal mentorship program, participants are paired with a mentor for a full year following their placements.
- Work Placements: Participants will engage in 10-month work placements, these placements together with the onboarding program will provide youth with exposure to three sectors: for profit, social profit, and government.
- Professional Skills: An intensive onboarding program led by third-party experts will equip participants with foundational and professional skills to ensure they are job ready.
- Full-Time Salary: Participants will receive a full-time living wage throughout the program, including onboarding and offboarding periods. Where possible, additional support will be provided, for example transit passes.
- Mentorship: Each participant will be matched with a professional mentor in their field of interest for one year following program completion.
- Alumni Community: 360 will foster a national community of alumni to provide ongoing support and networking opportunities.
- Sector Understanding: Participants will gain insights into various sectors, broadening their experience, network, and career horizons.
- Transition Support: A toolkit of resources will aid participants in transitioning to future employment, training, or education.
- Diversity and Inclusion: 360 will promote workplace diversity, equity, and corporate social responsibility.
- Sustainability: Understanding a strong future rests on a strong climate, 360 will only place youth in work placements at companies that are committed to doing their part to fight climate change.
Join us in shaping a brighter future! Together, we can transform the lives of Canada's youth, strengthen our workforce, and create a resilient economy.
For inquiries, please contact: email@example.com
To be an employer partner, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org